About the Sector
Real Estate refers to immovable property in a form of land, buildings, and practically anything affixed to the land. Property practitioners and brokers use their skills to match sellers of property with prospective buyers of new homes, apartments, commercial property or land parcels. Property practitioners can choose to specialise in one of the mentioned property types or they can limit their business to a specific location.
The Services SETA offers assistance in the training and courses in pursuit of a careers as a real estate agent.
- Further Education and Training Certificate in Real Estate NQF Level 4
- Further Education and Training Certificate in Real Estate NQF Level 5
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Auctioneering Support Services NQF Level 4
- National Certificate: Auctioneering Practices NQF Level 5
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Commercial Property and Facilities Management NQF Level 4
- Occupational Certificate: Facilities Manager NQF Level 6
- Occupational Certificate: Valuer (Municipal Property Assessor) NQF Level 5
- English Literacy
- Mathematics / Math Literacy
- Life Orientation
As part of the Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB) statutory mandate and legislation, it is the requirement of all estate agents wishing to operate within the real estate industry to be in possession of a valid Fidelity Fund Certificate (FFC).
A Fidelity Fund Certificate is valid between 1 January and 31 December of any given year. Estate agents are, therefore, required to renew by no later than 31 October of each year to obtain a Fidelity Fund Certificate for the following year.
- Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Agency Principal
- Property Manager
- Facility Manager